Our family 2008; Ava 3, Eli 2 months

Our family 2008; Ava 3, Eli 2 months
"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Peterson Family of Four

We finally got some pictures up of our little guy yesterday thanks to Justin. I just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful it has been to have Eli in our family. He has been a wonderful little baby. He sleeps a lot and the only time he cries is when he either needs to be fed or his diaper changed. Oh, and let me tell you...changing a boys diaper is a lot different than changing a girls diaper. For one thing, every time I take his diaper off he thinks it is time to go to the bathroom, both number 1 and number 2. Needless to say, I have done a ton of laundry and learned not to change his diaper on my bed.
It has been so much fun to hold him and kiss him. Little babies are just so yummy. We both love being parents of two beautiful children, we feel so lucky. It has also been wonderful to have Justins family here this week. It makes me feel not so far away from home. We had to miss the Peterson Family Reunion, but I feel we are having our own little reunion here in Omaha. Ava has loved playing with everyone. She loves her little brother too. She always asks to "pet" Eli. She loves kissing him and gets excited every time she sees him. It is fun to see them together

5 comments:

The Bailey's said...

Congratulations, he is gorgeous, i think he looks a lot like Ava. What a sweet little boy! Glad everything went well, we can't wait to see him!

Jeff said...

James peed on me during his first ever diaper change.

Jenn said...

Gotta love those boys, I guess I could have warned you...we do lots of laundry around here too! Ava will adjust, it takes a little while, just be sure she has some alone time with you every day. Get all the rest you can while the Peterson's are there, you're going to need it! You can do this, you're a great Mom! It's a little overwhelming those first few weeks, but it will all be okay and just remember how much you love them both even if sometimes you don't like them very much! It's a big adjustment for everyone and it really does get easier with time. You're going to do great!!

Ashlee said...

I'm so glad I got to talk to you today...we obviously got our computer up and running. Yea!!! I love the pics. You look so great in all of them. I'm glad everything went so well for you, I hope we get to see you guys sometime soon...maybe next year:)

Crystal said...

kim you look great your little guy is so cute! congrates on him and i agree with ashlee you are a great mom and it gets easier and easier everyday. i am a little scared to go from 2 to 3!! wish me some good luck!