Our family 2008; Ava 3, Eli 2 months

Our family 2008; Ava 3, Eli 2 months
"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

Sunday, March 22, 2009

COoKies AnYOne?!

Yesterday was our ward fundraiser dinner for the young womens girls camp. We signed up to make a dessert for the "dessert auction". Justin, of course, is an awesome baker, and made some delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. :) Ahhh, they were so good.... So, we bagging them up and headed out the door....An hour and a half later on the way home from our dinner Justin and I were casually talking when we figured out neither one of us had taken the last batch of cookies out of the oven. To make a long story short...I thought he took them out and he thought I took them out. When we got home we could smell smoke before we opened the door. Justin put the tray of cookies outside and we opened all the windows. We've had them open all night and all day...I just can't get ride of the smell. At least there weren't any fire trucks outside our house when we got home!


9 comments:

Angie said...

Nice one guys

Rose said...

At least you each thought the other had taken them out. When I make cookies I nearly always loose the last pan because I forget to take them out of the oven. Even when I turn on the timer, I seem to forget. I am beginning to like really brown cookies.

Christine said...

Oooo. They don't look very good. But I bet the rest of the were good!!! Have you tried burning candles?

Kris and Sarah said...

Oh my heck! That's so something that will happen to me someday! ha ha I'm glad your house didn't burn down.:)

moecleo said...

yummy.. my old roommate left her cake in the overn until 10:30 at night until someone came home . Try fabreeze on the carpet and funriture. it worked on the burnt cake appartment.

charm said...

SURE! I'll take a dozen!! ha ha! That's awful... I HATE that burnt food smell! Sorry 'bout that!

Ashlee said...

Haha! I didn't see anything wrong with the cookies, thats how mine usually turn out. (we all know what an expert cook I am!)

Bonnie said...

They just look like the home made oreo cookies! I hate the smell of burnt food and it seems to stay in the house forever.

Natalie said...

How funny. We are thinking about having a YW's fundraiser in our ward to help the girls raise money for girl's camp.