Our family 2008; Ava 3, Eli 2 months

Our family 2008; Ava 3, Eli 2 months
"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

Monday, July 7, 2008

The day of the 4th!

We had a lot of fun going to BBQs with friends, lighting fireworks and watching them. We had a BBQ in the afternoon which was a blast with some great friends. They had planned some super fun games. We did a bubble gum blowing contest (which is pictured, and I won) and a watermelon seed spitting contest (the guys were better at this one, this is also pictured). They also had a water balloon throwing game, where one person would run in front of a line on people and everyone would throw water balloon's at them and they would try to dodge them. That was Justin's favorite game! Needless to say I didn't participate in this one, can you imagine a pregnant lady running across the field having water balloons thrown at her!:) That would be really funny! Later, we took a nap, ate some more food and lite some fireworks. That night we walked over to get a good view at the fireworks being lite from Roosenblatte Stadium. They were great, but by the end of the day we were all exhausted!! We slept well that night. We are so thankful to have made such wonderful friends in Omaha.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to comment on those trees!! That is amazing!! My sister's family was in Omaha for dental school and I can't remember if that is where she stayed. I know they bought a little complex like that and that is where most of the dental students stayed. It is fun to see your little family-and growing too!! Oh and you look fabulous Kim!!
SARAH
oh my blog is
theteares.blogspot.com

Kris and Sarah said...

That's so fun! I love the seed spitting contest. You look so good with your cute little baby bump!

Natalie said...

I just wanted to say hi. you look so cute pregnant. I don't know if you heard we are moving to Wyoming, so we will be closer. Hope to see you one day.